Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Things to be Thankful For

     The Neal family had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Every year I really enjoy the holiday as a time to reflect on the numerous blessings that God has poured into our lives and a time to enjoy the calm before the madness of preparing for the Christmas season. We always go to Nashville for Thanksgiving and spend time with my family. This year was so fun and there is more to be thankful for than ever with our little buddy here. We are thankful for his arrival and for his amazing health and growth these six months {it is hard to believe that he is six months old!!!!} As with all the firsts in your child's life it was so surreal to watch as he celebrated his first Thanksgiving. Since he is eating some solids now he was able to have somewhat of a Thanksgiving dinner as well. Pureed butternut squash mmmmm!
     The first night that we were in Nashville I attended a drama production at my high school to commemorate the school turning 150! It was so good to go back and see so many familiar faces and I was so glad to be a part of this amazing time for the school. St. Cecilia Academy is truly a unique and special place and will always have a place in my heart.
     The rest of the trip we spent amazing time with my Mom and Dad and my sister and her husband. We really didn't do too much, just relaxed and all spent time together. They were all glad to spend time with Bubba and I am glad that he was able to spend time with them.
     Here are some of the things that Justin and I are thankful for this Thanksgiving:
{The love and grace of God and his son Jesus Christ}

{The birth of our sweet baby boy and his continued health and growth}

{Our amazing and supportive family and friends. We could not have asked for better support and love for us and our baby boy}

{Our jobs...Justin is so blessed to be doing what he is doing and I am so lucky to be able to continue teaching and doing the thing that I love so dearly}

{Our house!}
    
     Here are some pictures from the trip!

Bubba eating his version of Thanksgiving dinner..butternut squash

Messy eating!!

Our first Thanksgiving dinner picture all together! Justin is trying to get Bubba to smile by distracting him

My Mom, Auntie K and Uncle Micah at the table with us:)

One more Thanksgiving family photo with Bubs Turkey Outfit

Grandpops and MeMe with Alexander

Bubba finally warms up to his Uncle Micah!